Thank you for your interest in the Halcyon Incubator Fellowship! Halcyon equips early-stage social entrepreneurs, like you, with the support needed to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures.
We do this by providing space, community, and access: The physical and mental space to focus on your venture. Connection to a community of entrepreneurs + world class-class experts. Access to a thriving innovation ecosystem and vital pro-bono resources.
Our goal is simple: empower you and your venture to transform inspiration into impact.
The Halcyon Incubator application includes questions that give the selection committee the opportunity to learn more about you, what you are doing, and how to plan to grow your impact. You do not need to complete all questions at one time. You can save your work and return to your in-progress application any time between now and the application deadline on April 9th at 11:59pm ET.
Already familiar with the Halcyon Incubator Fellowship and ready to dive into your application? Fantastic! Jump right in and get started 😊
Want to learn more about Halcyon before applying? Keep reading to discover more about what fellows receive from Halcyon and the commitment we ask for from our fellows.
What Fellows Receive
The physical and mental space you need to focus on your venture and achieve your full potential.
- Five months of free housing at the historic Halcyon House in Washington, D.C.
- Eighteen months of free workspace at Halcyon, followed by access to an affordable coworking space in Washington, D.C.
- Shared meeting spaces, including formal board rooms, and creative spaces
- The mental space to think, brainstorm, learn, and receive supportive feedback
The journey of an entrepreneur is long and winding. You will experience ups and downs; we understand that and are here to provide you with the support you need along the way. Halcyon fellows join a thriving community of inspiring creators, innovators, and changemakers.
- Live and work alongside a diverse cohort of founders who quickly become consultants, confidants, and close friends.
- Be welcomed into a community of 100+ Halcyon Incubator Fellows who have come before you, are cheering for you, and are prepared to shine a light on the path ahead of you.
- Be paired with an experienced, industry-specific mentor, who provides weekly guidance, accountability to achieve goals, and support during the residency phase.
- Be surrounded by opportunities to build your network and to nurture relationships with current and past Fellows, and Halcyon’s broader network, including world-class mentors, advisors, seasoned company builders, and leaders from across industries.
It takes a village to bring your innovation to life. We understand that. We connect you with the ecosystem required to build, grow, and sustain a social enterprise, including key partners to advise, directly support, and provide crucial exposure for your venture.
- $10,000 stipend to cover living expenses at Halcyon during the residency phase.
- Opportunities to present directly to ecosystem stakeholders, press, and potential funders at kickoff and final showcase events
- Access to a wide range of innovators, influencers, and community figures through conferences and events
- More/more than 100 hours of:
- Strategy and operations consulting provided by Deloitte
- Legal and business advice from Arnold and Porter
- Technical advice and hosting credits from Amazon Web Services
- One-on-one leadership coaching provided in partnership with The HR Sage
Excited by what you just read? We hoped you would be 😊.
Here are a few important things for you to know before you apply:
- The Halcyon Incubator is an intense, demanding, once in a lifetime opportunity for fellows and their social enterprises.
- You need to be able to fully commit to the program for five months if you want to be selected.
- Participation in the Halcyon Incubator program requires the venture’s CEO or primary decision-maker to commit to full participation in the program before being selected as a finalist. Full participation includes:
- The CEO or primary decision-maker working on the venture full time during the residency phase, and attending the virtual orientation in September 2021, the final showcase on January 11th, 2022, and weekly programming (family breakfasts, pitch sessions, skill series, and mindfulness practice)
- Living and/or working out of Halcyon in Washington, DC for the residency phase from September 7, 2021 to January 15, 2022 Please note: In-person residency requirement is subject to change due to COVID-19
- In addition, you must commit to being an active member of the Halcyon community by:
- Traveling no more than three weeks during the residency phase
- Positively contributing to our ecosystem and sharing your talents, expertise, and empathy with Fellows
- Finally, the venture’s CEO or primary decision-maker must be able to live and work in the United States. You should fit one of the two criteria below:
- Already reside and/or work in the U.S.
- Do not have foreseeable barriers to obtaining a B1/B2 U.S. Visa for the five-month residency phase (i.e., have not previously been denied a visa for entry into the U.S.)
Want to learn EVEN MORE about the application and selection process?
Questions or Technical Difficulty?: Kaitlin Capobianco, Halcyon’s Fellow Community and Recruitment Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Ok- only one thing left to do: Start your application today!