What you can expect from Halcyon
The Halcyon Incubator program equips early-stage social entrepreneurs with the support they need to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures. We do this by providing you with three things: space, community, and access.
Halcyon Incubator has supported over 100 social entrepreneurs with our unique residential model. We launched the Halcyon intensives to tailor our programs for specific groups of entrepreneurs to build key skills and make crucial connections and support.
This intensive is designed for entrepreneurs whose businesses operate in or primarily serve Opportunity Zones in the DMV region. Business leaders in Opportunity Zones are uniquely positioned to impact their communities through economic growth. This intensive program will equip them to acquire new customers, increase revenue, and create jobs.
Space - The Halcyon Incubator was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed. We give you physical and mental space, so you can focus more of your energy on your venture and achieving your full potential. Halcyon provides for your basic and psychological Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Please note all programming is currently remote due to COVID-19,
- One week of free housing at the historic Halcyon House from June 21-28, 2021 and additional housing for another week of programming during the winter.
- One day each month, typically the 3rd Friday of each month in 2021, full of programming support and advisor office hours for you to continue growing your venture.
- Work and meeting spaces including formal board rooms.
- Additional meeting spaces, performance spaces, and free parking at Halcyon Arts Lab.
Community - Your journey as an entrepreneur is long and winding. You will experience many ups and downs, and we understand that you will need lots of support along the way. The Halcyon Incubator builds a community of support around you through our community of entrepreneurs and a robust network of world-class mentors and advisors. These mentors and advisors are seasoned entrepreneurs, experienced change-makers, and leaders across sectors who want to help you.
- Entrepreneurs live and work alongside a diverse cohort of entrepreneurs who quickly become consultants, confidants, and close friends
- Opportunities for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks with Fellows and Halcyon’s broader network to build and nurture relationships
Access - You need an ecosystem to build, grow, and sustain a social enterprise. The Halcyon Incubator connects entrepreneurs with key partners to advise and directly support Fellows’ ventures and provide crucial exposure.
- Opportunities to present directly to ecosystem stakeholders, press, and potential funders
- Access to a wide range of innovators, influencers, and community figures through conferences and events
- Technical advice and cloud credits from AWS
- Legal guidance
What Halcyon expects from you
You need to be able to fully commit to the program from March 2021 through December 2021 if you want to be selected. The Halcyon Incubator is an intense, demanding, once in a lifetime opportunity for Fellows and their social enterprises. Participation in the Halcyon Incubator program is the right fit if the venture’s CEO or primary decision-maker can commit to full-time participation in the program before being selected as a finalist. Full-time participation includes:
- Living and/or working out of Halcyon in Washington, DC for the residency phase from June 21, 2021 to June 28, 2021 and another full week of programming during the winter. In-person programming is subject to change due to COVID-19
- Attending at least 8 of 10 monthly programming days on the third Friday of each month
- Pitch your business at the final showcase event in December 2021
- The CEO or primary decision-maker working on the venture full time during the program
You must commit to being an active member of the Halcyon community by positively contributing to our ecosystem and sharing your talents, expertise, and empathy with Fellows.
If you have any questions or issues with the application, please contact the Halcyon Incubator team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit Halcyon Incubator's website to learn more about the organization.
Please create your account and start your application today! We will follow up to remind you to submit your completed application before the deadline on Tuesday, February 4, 2021 at 11:59PM EDT.