What you can expect from Halcyon
The Halcyon Incubator program equips early-stage social entrepreneurs with the support they need to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures. We do this by providing you with three things: space, community, and access.
Space - The Halcyon Incubator was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed. We give you physical and mental space, so you can focus more of your energy on your venture and achieving your full potential. Halcyon provides for your basic and psychological Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
- Four days of free housing at the historic Halcyon House from January 21-24, 2020
- One day each month, typically the 3rd Friday of each month in 2020, full of programming support and advisor office hours for you to continue growing your venture
- Shared meeting spaces including formal board rooms and creative spaces
- Additional meeting spaces, performance spaces, and free parking at Halcyon Arts Lab
Community - Your journey as an entrepreneur is long and winding. You will experience many ups and downs, and we understand that you will need lots of support along the way. The Halcyon Incubator builds a community of support around you through our community of entrepreneurs and a robust network of world-class mentors and advisors. These mentors and advisors are seasoned entrepreneurs, experienced change-makers, and leaders across sectors who want to help you.
- Entrepreneurs live and work alongside a diverse cohort of OZ entrepreneurs who quickly become consultants, confidants, and close friends
- Opportunities for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks with Fellows and Halcyon’s broader network to build and nurture relationships
Access - You need an ecosystem to build, grow, and sustain a social enterprise. The Halcyon Incubator connects entrepreneurs with key partners to advise and directly support Fellows’ ventures and provide crucial exposure.
- Opportunities to present directly to ecosystem stakeholders, press, and potential funders
- Access to a wide range of innovators, influencers, and community figures through conferences and events
- Strategy and operations consulting
- Legal and business advice
- Technical advice
What Halcyon expects from you
You need to be able to fully commit to the program from January 21-24 if you want to be selected. The Halcyon Incubator is an intense, demanding, once in a lifetime opportunity for Fellows and their social enterprises. Participation in the Halcyon Incubator program is the right fit if the venture’s CEO or primary decision-maker can commit to full-time participation in the program before being selected as a finalist. Full-time participation includes:
- Living and/or working out of Halcyon in Washington, DC for the residency phase from January 21, 2020 to January 24, 2020
- Attending at least 8 of 10 monthly programming days on the third Friday of each month
- Attending mandatory final showcase event in December 2020
- The CEO or primary decision-maker working on the venture full time during the residency phase
You must commit to being an active member of the Halcyon community by positively contributing to our ecosystem and sharing your talents, expertise, and empathy with Fellows.
Do you want to learn more about the application process? Please review Halcyon Incubator’s Eligibility Requirements and Selection Criteria and Process. If you have any questions or issues with the application, please contact the Halcyon Incubator team at email@example.com.
Please create your account, start your application today! We will follow up to remind you to submit your completed application before the deadline on Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 5PM EDT.